When the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra wants to engage patrons with more than just great music, they offer fans a chance to win Kroger gifts cards, tickets to soccer games and upcoming shows. The Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra partnered with Kroger grocery stores for the Symphony on the Prairie summer concert series to engage fans and build a database of prospective patrons to re-market offers via email and text (SMS) messages.
The Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra leveraged Sweeppea’s Text to Win platform to capitalize on the pre-show excitement with call-to-actions like “Text BROADWAY to 65047 within the next 15 minutes for a chance to win.”
The ISO ran unique sweepstakes for each show, changing the call-to-action and the prizes. Using Sweeppea’s Text to Win app they could add as many sweepkey words as desired. They could also copy the settings of past sweepstakes with one click, making the management of multiple sweepstakes quick and easy.
Fans watching (or listening) could quickly enter the sweepstakes by sending a text message. This resulted high participation and engagement rates.
- To build excitement and awareness for the Symphony on the Prairie summer concert series.
- To reach fans and potential customers of ISO and Kroger Grocery Stores.
- To gain a database of participants to re-market offers via text message and email.
- In-venue and pre-show screens
- Social Media promotion
- Other digital media (email, etc.)
- Thousands of participants entered.
- New emails were collected as well.
- A database of fans with name, mobile, and email was gained.
Prize per Sweepstakes: Gift Card to Kroger, Tickets to the Indy Eleven soccer match (courtesy of Huntington Bank), Gift Card to Handel’s Homemade Ice Cream, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 In Concert, and Passes to the new ISO Sunset Loung from presenting sponsor Huntington Bank