Did you know that while you’re waiting in line at the grocery store or enjoying a beer at a bar, you could be entering to win prizes on your phone?
Text to win sweepstakes offer a fast and easy way to win cool prizes. Here’s what you need to know to get started.
What Are Text to Win Sweepstakes?
A text to win, or SMS sweepstakes, allows you to use your smartphone to enter a sweepstakes from just about anywhere. If you’re out and about and you see a giveaway from a company and you’d like to enter it, all you have to do is send a text and you’re entered to win.
With some sweepstakes, you might even win instantly. As long as you have a phone that can send text messages (and a mobile plan that includes text messaging), you can sign up.
How Does a Text to Win Work?
To enter a text to win sweepstakes, you need to use a telephone number called a shortcode and a word or phrase to text to that number. The sweepstakes advertising materials or official rules will tell you what the shortcode and word or phrase to text is for that sweepstakes.
Then you just have to use your phone to send a text message with this word or phrase to the shortcode in the same way as you might send a text message to anyone else.
For example, the text to win sweepstakes rules might say that you need text the word ‘BEACH’ to ‘123456.’ Here the 123456 is the shortcode and BEACH is the word that you need to write as the body of the text message.
Text to Win Sweepstakes: Step-by-Step Signup Instructions
So now that you know how a text to win works, now you just need to follow a few steps to enter! Smartphones have different menu options and buttons that are used to access text messages.
However, the steps to sign up for a text to win via SMS messaging are typically the following:
1. From the main menu of your phone look for the Messages or Messaging button or app.
2. Tap the icon to create a new message.
3. Enter in the short code number as the recipient of the new message.
4. Type the word or phrase that the text sweepstakes requires as the message body for the text message. Make sure to spell it correctly. You can use lowercase letters even if it is shown in all capital letters on the advertisement for the sweepstakes.
5. Tap the Send button or arrow next to the text field to send your message.
6. If you entered the information correctly and your text has been successfully sent, you should receive a reply from the text sweepstakes confirming your entry within a few minutes.Posted on