The South Dakota Department of Public Safety wanted to increase motorcycle riding safety awareness and educate motorcycle riders on the value of wearing protective gear. The South Dakota Office of Highway Safety and their advertising agency Lawrence & Schiller, leveraged the Sweeppea Text to Win sweepstakes management platform to create and manage this statewide promotion.
The campaign presented a strong and sobering message: “Beat Death. Don’t Cheat It.” It’s meant to bring home the consequences for not wearing protective safety gear in case of an accident.
To incentivize participation and drive the message home, participants entered via text message (SMS) for a chance to win a Harley-Davidson FXRG Riding Jacket.
- To generate motorcycle safety awareness
- To educate motorcycle riders about the importance of wearing safety gear
- To make it as easy as possible to enter the sweepstakes
- Hundreds of participants entered
- A cost-effective and fun tactic helped get the message across to the public
Prize: One Harley-Davidson FXRG Riding Jacket. Approximate retail value was $600, with the prize donated by Black Hills Harley-Davidson.