The South Dakota Department of Public Safety wanted to increase motorcycle ridding safety awareness and educate motorcycle riders on the value of wearing protective gear while ridding. The South Dakota Office of Highway Safety and their advertising agency Lawrence & Schiller, leveraged the Sweeppea Text to Win sweepstakes management platform to create and manage their statewide promotion.
The South Dakota Office of Highway Safety presented a strong and sobering call-to-action “Beat Death. Don’t Cheat It”. Meaning, wear you ridding gear all the time to protect you in an accident.
To incentivize participation and drive the message home, participants entered via text message (SMS) for a chance to win a Harley-Davidson FXRG Riding Jacket.
- To generate motorcycle ridding safety awareness
- To educate motorcycle riders about the importance of wearing all the safety gear
- To make it as easy as possible to enter the sweepstakes
- Hundreds of participants entered
- A cost-effective and fun tactic helped get the message across to the public
Prize: One Harley-Davidson FXRG Riding Jacket. Approximate retail value of the prize is $600. Prize being donated by Black Hills Harley Davidson.Posted on