Frozen Food Month might not be a regular holiday in your household, but you may be willing to “celebrate” it with a chance to win a trip to Hawaii! For retailers, these holidays can be a great reason to offer discounts and promotions. And that’s exactly what Smart & Final, a chain of grocery warehouse stores, did recently.
The “Escape the Cold” Sweepstakes ran in 300 stores and offered a chance to win a trip for two to Kauai, Hawaii. It also offered a few ways to enter with entry by text and social media. In all, the retailer got creative and took advantage of a retail holiday to get boost attention and exposure.
- Objective: Boost awareness and attention before spring
- Prize: One lucky winner received a trip for two to Kauai, Hawaii
- Entry Method: Text HAWAII to 65047 for a chance to win.
- Using a text-to-win through Sweeppea, they captured participants’ mobile numbers and email information, opening the channel for post-event text message marketing offers.
- Hundreds of participants entered, allowing Smart & Final to build a database of prospective customers for re-marketing.