Would you enter for a chance to win a trip to the Florida Keys & Key West with fun, food & VIP tickets to Fantasy Fest? More than 11,000 people did in a successful text-to-win campaign for the tourism council.
This was the council’s first time using text-to-win or mobile marketing this way. It was an effort to increase awareness for the destination. You might be thinking everyone’s heard of the Florida Keys as a vacation spot, right? It’s well known among older generations, but the council wanted to reach the next generations, including Millenials.
With that in mind, we set up their text-to-win with a form to collect information, including date of birth.
Here’s a look at the results:
- Objective: increase awareness for the destination
- 11K completed sweepstakes entries with information such as First, Last, Email, Mobile and DOB.
- 17k+ Visitors to the sweepstakes entry page
- Data showed the majority of participants were from Florida, followed by Texas, California and Pennsylvania.
- Average participant age was 54
- More than 50% of participants were women
- Breakdown by generation: 40% Boomers, 40% Gen X’ers, and 20% Millennials
- This also led to 44,000 new fans to the Florida Keys Facebook Page
- Text-to-win was shared more than 1,000 times on Facebook
The council was very pleased with the results, although a little surprised by the average age and generational breakdown. It just goes to show that everyone’s now on mobile and while text does offer greater access to Millenials, it also varies based on your audience and the appeal of your offer to that age group.
What made it a successful text-to-win?
- It was promoted in multiple channels, including social media, online and in print
- It was marketed often and consistently
- The prize was relevant for the audience and was presented well
- Appealing graphics and the offer itself got attention
- The program captured valuable user information that can guide the sponsor in future efforts
- The campaign generated a list of more than 11,000 mobile subscribers
A response from the council:
“The professionalism, dedication and hard work from the team at Momares helped us achieve our goals as a destination, allowing us to access a new mobile user platform as a means to communicate with and attract potential and repeat visitors to the Florida Keys. Momares proved to be a partner who understood the destination’s needs and goals.”
– Julie Botteri on behalf of the Florida Keys & Key West Tourist Development Council