Our hearts go out to those affected by Hurricane Sandy. Thankfully, there are many relief efforts underway. Many are supported by donations (see links to donate below) and some, like the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund, are even using mobile technology to get text message donations quickly and easily.
If you’re a non-profit organization or a small business supporting a cause, you can easily create your own text message donation program as well.
Set up a Donors Mobile Campaign
Here’s how it works:
- Ask donors to give a donation by sending a text with your new keyword to 65047.
- An automatic response can be set to thank donors and link them to a mobile optimized credit card processing form to complete the donation.
- The donations are then transferred to the organization.
We realize it’s a little extra work to have donors complete a credit card from instead of automatically charging the donation on the mobile phone bill. But the auto billing system is costly for small organizations, the organization needs to be a large national charity and requires a year-long contract.
Advantages of our mobile donations system
Our mobile donations campaign offers a few advantages…
- You can collect donations of more than $10 (the max limit for donations billed through cell phone carriers).
- You can collect additional information such as name, mobile phone, address and email as part of the transaction.
- It’s easy to promote this campaign in ads, TV or radio.
- It’s easier for donors to pledge while they’re away from home or their computers.
- You’ll have a mobile list of donors you can contact later—to thank them, announce you’ve reached your goal, etc.
We sincerely hope nonprofits and charities take advantage of mobile technology to support their causes. If you’re a member of such a group, contact us. We’d be happy to work with you to get started.
To send your own donation to relief efforts visit…
Red Cross Disaster Relief
(Or send a text with REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10)
Are you in charge of getting support for a political candidate or issue? Winning elections has always been about getting your message out and boosting voter turnout. And in this new media age, you can rock the vote with text!
Make sure you use these 3 key steps to launch a successful text message communications campaign for your political candidate or issue.
- Pick the right partner- Chose a text message communications provider that has a proven track record of successful text campaigns (clients and results), has a simple-to-use texting platform (no training required), understands the rules and best practices, and knows how text messaging is best applied (experience to know what works). Momares.com can help you create and launch your text message program.
- Have a plan to start- Create a communications calendar with the key messages you want to send to your supporters and schedule them for delivery in advance. If things change, know that you can alert constituents of changes at any time, instantly. Momares’s text scheduling and send-now features are designed for this purpose.
- Promote your candidate’s mobile program. You want to build a large mobile list of supporters as quickly as possible. The best way to do this is to promote your mobile call-to-action (Text CANDIDATENAME to 65047 to join us!) everywhere. And we mean everywhere! On your Facebook page, Twitter background, website, campaign materials, flyers, direct mailers, yard signs, robocalls and t-shirts. Create your call-to-action by registering your candidate’s name (keyword) with Momares for free. Check keyword availability here.
What Kinds of Text Messages Can you Send for Political Campaigns?
- Send reminder messages about the cutoff dates for voter registration and link to registration forms.
- Remind constituents to mail in their absentee ballots.
- Invite people to campaign events.
- Remind people to get out and vote on Election Day.
- Promote down-ballot candidates on a zip code-by-zip code basis
- Create a list of your campaign managers’ mobile phone numbers for quick internal communications.
Are you ready to get voters excited about your candidate or issue? Get started with a communications tool that’s personal, efficient and fast. Contact us for ideas and to get started! Pricing plans to accommodate any budget start at $149/mo.